Welcome back to another edition of “Sunday’s Food.” Today, I thought I would share one of my all time favorite snacks which are “Chinese donuts.” These are the donuts that you get at the Chinese buffets with lots of sugar on them. Well to be honest, there is nothing Chinese about these donuts at all other than the fact they are served at a Chinese buffet! Nonetheless, we all know them as Chinese donuts! I can eat 8-10 of these in a row and it’s a miracle I still look skinny!
These things are so easy to make, it’s not even funny. So here is the recipe and I hope that you will enjoy these with your family or by yourself! Enjoy and good cooking!
1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits
1/3 cup of sugar
oil, to deep fry in
1. Use either a deep fryer, or a large deep skillet.
2. Be sure to add enough of oil to line the bottom of the pan a couple of inches deep.
3. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
4. Remove biscuits from can and fry a few at a time in the fryer.
5. When browned on one side, turn over.
6. When golden brown on both sides remove from oil, and drain on paper towels.
7. Pour sugar into a small container, and once the doughnuts have cooled slightly toss the doughnut into the sugar, and coat on both sides.
8. Be sure to fry only a couple at a time.