So how many of you guys here in the U.S. don’t have insurance? Well, I recently came across a site called PriceDoc.com. So what is PriceDoc.com? The best way I can describe it is like Priceline.com but PriceDoc.com is strictly for healthcare procedures. So going to the doctor without insurance can be a nightmare and well PriceDoc.com isn’t an insurance company what it does provide you is an alternative and cheaper way to access all kinds of healthcare procedures. Such as:
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
How does it work?
Go to PriceDoc.com and click on the procedure you want. Enter you city/zip code and look at/compare what comes up in the search results. What you can do next is:
- Get a coupon for the procedure
- Request price to get a “cash price” for the procedure
- Make an offer which you can use to pay less sort of like an auction, what will you be willing to pay
So don’t go to a doctor’s office directly. It’s sort of like why you should never book a hotel directly from the hotel! Why, because you can always find a cheaper rate online or through a travel agent!
Facts about healthcare in America
- The United States is the only industrialized country in the world without a universal health insurance system.
- There are four times as many health care lobbyists in Washington as there are members of Congress.
- Eighteen thousand people die each year because they are uninsured.
- Half of all bankruptcies are caused by medical bills. Three-quarters of those filings are people with health insurance.
So if you used this service, write a comment or heard about it, write a comment! I have not used the service but I have heard good things about it. If I should lose my job or if I want something that isn’t covered by my insurance company, my first option will mostly likely be PriceDoc.com.